Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Asian American Health Initiative is to identify the health care needs of Asian American communities, to develop culturally competent health care services, and to implement health education programs that are accessible and available for all Asian Americans in Montgomery County.
In support of this mission, AAHI works:
- To conduct in-depth data collection, analysis, and reporting of the health status among the different ethnic groups in the Asian American community;
- To expand and improve the existing health services available to Asian Americans;
- To ensure the availability of quality health care directed to the specific needs of the different ethnic groups in the community;
- To provide outreach programs to inform and educate different ethnic groups about the accessibility and the availability of health care services;
- To remove barriers preventing all ethnic groups in the Asian American community from receiving a fair share of health services.